With due respect to Si Yuan Team’s Master, his name is mentioned whenever reference is made to his inventions in the history of Chinese Medicine. However, Si Yuan classes reflect our instructor’s own understanding of what they learned from their Master.
Following their Master’s path, Si Yuan Instructors aim at offering the most effective teachings in the acupuncture community.
While being trained by its Master to continue his mission, Si Yuan Team understood that many practitioners lack the hands-on experience to truly integrate the Balance Method with confidence in their own clinics. For this reason, Balance Method by Si Yuan offers two teaching tracks:
Core Foundations Track
The essential groundwork for treating all internal and external diseases. Designed for both beginning and advanced practitioners. Days 1 & 3 introduce new concepts and strategies, while Days 2 & 4 offer more hands-on demonstrations, practical ideas and fun ways to bring life to the Balance Method. All of the days are structured like workshops to put into practice the theory just learned. Practitioners will have the opportunity to needle each other under the guidance of the teacher and assistants. You may even be lucky enough to receive a treatment!
- Day 1: Clinical Wonders with Acupuncture 1,2,3
- Day 2: Clinical Wonders in Practice
- Day 3: Global Balance for Functional Disorders
- Day 4: Global Balance in Practice
Day 1: Clinical Wonders with Acupuncture 1,2,3
- Discover a logical Three-Step Strategy to immediately and effectively treat all localized symptoms such as pain, numbness, stiffness, tingling or burning sensations, etc.
- Understand the classical origin of Si Yuan Team’s Master’s famous 6 Systems which tie up 2,000 years of Chinese Medicine into a simple balancing pattern. You will be amazed how scattered concepts suddenly make sense!
- Learn the Golden Rules to make acupuncture work consistently.
Day 2: Clinical Wonders in Practice
- Learn the “Matrix Analysis Technique” to balance complications using a minimal number of meridians in your treatment.
- Countless real-life case studies and demonstrations ensure you will have analyzed the most common pain patterns seen in clinical practice.
- Some lucky participants will be invited to palpate Ashi points and insert needles under the teacher’s supervision.
Day 3: Global Balance for Functional Disorders
- Apply the Taiji Dynamic Structure to treat functional diseases and whole-body pain.
- Practice different Four-Meridian Treatment Strategies for whole body issues such as allergic, digestive, cardiac, respiratory or uro-gynecological diseases.
- Convert Western medical diagnoses into correct acupuncture diagnoses for accurate treatments.
- Discover Si Yuan Team’s Master’s famous and most effective point combinations.
Day 4: Global Balance in Practice
- Review and combine all the theory and demonstrations from the past three days.
- Utilize a simple and effective wisdom when approaching patients who simultaneously exhibit local and internal disorders.
- End the four-day series feeling no questions were left unanswered!
Practitioners are eligible to take classes in this track when they have completed all four days of the Core Foundations.
However, dedicated students who have already integrated all teachings from the Core Foundations Track into clinical practice may also take offerings from this track.
The Advanced Track consists of a variety of courses to enhance your repertoire of treatments.
- Treating Zang-Fu disorders with Meridian Conversion Therapy (from Yi Jing Ba Gua)
- Balance the Five Elements (from Yi Jing Ba Gua) – Si Yuan’s Master implementation
- Seasonal Balance (from Yi Jing Ba Gua)
- Strategy of Twelve Magical Points Si Yuan’s Master implementation
- Smart Combos: How to integrate various Balance Method Strategies
- Balancing the 8 Extra + Scalp Acupuncture
Optional Clinic Observation to supplement the classroom lectures: This option allows practitioners to spend 2 intensive days in the classroom, followed by up to a 3-hour clinical observation shift with Dr. Eileen Han in her San Diego clinic. Practitioners then return to their own clinics to practice and fine-tune their skills before their next training session.
A minimum 3-hour shift is recommended per weekend (total of 9 hours), however participants may elect to attend an unlimited number of shift hours. Note that all shift hours may be applied to the 40 hour Internship required for Upper Level Practitioner Balance Method certification.
For more information about Clinical Observation scheduling and requirements ONLY, please click here to send your specific questions.
The class offered on Day 2 (Friday) of the Advanced Track varies in different cities. Please check the website for exact class dates and course titles in your desired city.
Treating Zang-Fu disorders with Meridian Conversion Therapy (from Yi Jing Ba Gua)
- Learn how to translate Zang-Fu and emotional diagnosis into a “Meridian Diagnosis” in order to devise the most effective treatments.
- Discover one of the most famous and effective Ba Gua Methods using only 2 needles to balance a whole meridian.
- Learn to recognize different body/constitutional types and their associated disorders.
- Achieve resolution of more complicated internal disorders such as insomnia, allergies, hormonal and mental conditions.
Balance the Five Elements (from Yi Jing Ba Gua) – Si Yuan’s Master implementation.
- Uncover the true meaning of the “Five Interactions” as a dynamic active force.
- Discover Si Yuan Team’s Master’s invention and most advanced science applying the Five-Elements concept to Yi Jing hexagrams.
- Learn how to combine the power of the Balance Method and the essence of Five-Elements theory to sedate and tonify with a simple combination of points.
- Treat stubborn cases of both stagnation and deficiency. You will be guided through the most common Five Element imbalances seen in daily practice.
Seasonal Balance (from Yi Jing Ba Gua)
- Find out how to use the hexagram of the current season to balance the meridians.
- Learn an advanced system designed to address cyclical and seasonal disorders or any pathology triggered by a sudden event in the patient’s life.
- Expand your treatment options for seasonal disorders such as allergies, joint & muscle pain and depression.
Strategy of Twelve Magical Points – Si Yuan’s Master implementation.
- Discover Si Yuan Team’s Master’s amazing invention to treat difficult cases involving multiple internal and external disorders.
- Learn a logical yet simple technique to deeply balance and harmonize all the 12 meridians over the whole body using only 12 needles. You won’t feel helpless anymore when your patient shows so many symptoms!
- Walk away with the ability to construct quick and effective treatments for chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, diabetes and other frequently seen pathologies.
- A dynamic class that changes every time because different case studies bring out fresh ideas.
Smart Combos: How to integrate various Balance Method Strategies
- This class was created by popular demand for advanced students who want to apply several of aspects of the Balance Method in one treatment.
- Understand HOW, WHEN and WHY to mix treatment strategies in clinical practice.
- Tie everything together as the perfect ending to the four-day intensive. Countless case studies and demos will clarify how to choose the best strategies in real-life scenarios.
Balancing the 8 Extra + Scalp Acupuncture
- Expand your knowledge of the Eight Extras in relation to Balance Method theory.
- Learn how to incorporate the Eight Extras to enhance the effectiveness of your treatments.
- Use Confluent points along with the Yin/Yang Balancing Dynamic for extraordinary results.
- Discover which cases are best-suited for treatment with the Eight Extras and which cases are contraindicated.
Balance Method Gong Fa
Balance Method Gong Fa is a system of exercises integrated from several lineages of physical, energy and healing cultivation. The training method draws from traditional practices such as meditation and martial arts but is continually refined through clinical application and modern research.
Cultivation includes static, dynamic, sitting, standing, and breathing exercises to regulate autonomic function and synchronize circadian rhythm.
To optimize results during the needling phase, Balance Method Gongfa is a three-step process (Gongfa 1, 2, 3) to consciously apply the practitioner’s intention (意 yì), emotion (氣 qì), and action (力 lì).
Balance Method Gong Fa is complementary to acupuncture with the following main benefits:
- Helps the practitioner keep balance, avoid exhaustion and exert a positive influence on patients during treatments.
- Protects the practitioner from catching the pathogenic influence (“sick Qi”) of the patient.
- Increases the practitioner’s efficiency, effectiveness and intuition.
Gongfa can be directly applied by practitioners to improve clinical practice or prescribed to their patients as self-care.
Balance Method Gongfa is taught in the following formats:
- Balance Method Gongfa Introduction (2 to 4 Hours)
- Balance Method Gongfa Essentials (6 to 8 Hours)
- Balance Method Gongfa Fundamentals (16 Hours)
- Balance Method Gongfa Advanced (Variable)
> Build immunity against pathogenic influences and stressors
> Coordinate your four limbs and torso to improve circulation
> Center, focus, and project the power of your mind, heart, and body
> Breath as a regenerative tool to tune the autonomic nervous system
> Develop proprioceptive sense of internal organs for homeostasis
> Connect the ventral and dorsal aspects for optimal posture
> Activate your instinctive and intuitive intelligences
> Use spirals to unify patterns of thinking, feeling, and doing
> Tap into empty, unity, and duality states of consciousness