Balance Method Gong Fa 平衡功法
Also known as Qi Cultivation, Gongfa is self-care practice. We know that most illnesses start as mental, emotional, and physical stress that, if not discharged, becomes chronic. This epigenetic process produces diverse symptoms and sicknesses, but their root is imbalance. As a Balance Method practitioner, we always seek equilibrium. Our goal is regeneration rather than degeneration. The classical principles you learned in our Core Foundations Track (CFT), such as yinyang 陰陽, sixiang 四相, bagua 八卦, and yi 易 are not just philosophical abstractions. Besides applying them to acupuncture, you can directly embody them for greater awareness, wellness, relaxation, and efficacy both clinically and personally. Through the cumulative benefits of Gongfa on your mind, heart, and body, your best self emerges to affect your patients by positive example.
- For all practitionners, Gongfa is thus a practical complement with the following main benefits:
- Protects the practitioner from resonating with internal and external pathogenic influences from patients.
- Increases the practitioner’s efficiency, effectiveness, and intuition for diagnosis and treatment.
- Helps practitioners keep balance, avoid exhaustion, and exert stronger positive presence on patients.
For acupuncturists, Gongfa more specifically optimizes results during the needling phase. Like Balance Method Acupuncture, Gongfa also utilizes a three-step process to deliberately apply the practitioner’s intention, emotion, and action towards treatment results. Gongfa can be directly implemented by acupuncturists to upgrade their clinical work as well as prescribed to patients to enhance the stability of their acupuncture treatments.
Balance Method Gongfa is taught in the following formats:
- Balance Method Gongfa Introduction (2 to 4 Hours)
- Balance Method Gongfa Essentials (6 to 8 Hours)
- Balance Method Gongfa Fundamentals (16 Hours)
- Balance Method Gongfa Advanced (Variable)
Each Gongfa class is customized to attendees and may therefore vary. However, the following are selected sample topics:
- Build immunity against physical and psychological stressors
- Coordinate your limbs and torso to improve circulation flow
- Center and extend the power of your mind, heart, and body
- Use breath as a tool to tune the autonomic nervous system
- Develop a sense of your internal organs to keep homeostasis
- Sync your neuro-musculo-skeletal systems for aligned function
- Activate innate intelligence including your instinct and intuition
- Maintain calm while facing difficult patients or busy situations