With due respect to Si Yuan Team’s Master, his name is mentioned whenever reference is made to his inventions in the history of Chinese Medicine teachings. However, Si Yuan classes reflect our instructor’s own understanding of what they learned from their Master.
Following their Master’s path, Si Yuan Instructors aim at offering the most effective teachings in the acupuncture community.
While being trained by its Master to continue his mission, Si Yuan Team understood that many practitioners lack the hands-on experience to truly integrate the Balance Method with confidence in their own clinics. For this reason, Balance Method by Si Yuan offers two teaching tracks:
Core Foundations Track
The essential groundwork for treating all internal and external diseases. Designed for both beginning and advanced practitioners. Days 1 & 3 introduce new concepts and strategies, while Days 2 & 4 offer more hands-on demonstrations, practical ideas and fun ways to bring life to the Balance Method. All of the days are structured like workshops to put into practice the theory just learned. Practitioners will have the opportunity to needle each other under the guidance of the teacher and assistants. You may even be lucky enough to receive a treatment!
- Day 1: Clinical Wonders with Acupuncture 1,2,3
- Day 2: Clinical Wonders in Practice
- Day 3: Global Balance for Functional Disorders
- Day 4: Global Balance in Practice
Day 1: Clinical Wonders with Acupuncture 1,2,3
- Discover a logical Three-Step Strategy to immediately and effectively treat all localized symptoms such as pain, numbness, stiffness, tingling or burning sensations, etc.
- Understand the classical origin of Si Yuan Team’s Master’s famous 6 Systems which tie up 2,000 years of Chinese Medicine into a simple balancing pattern. You will be amazed how scattered concepts suddenly make sense!
- Learn the Golden Rules to make acupuncture work consistently.
Day 2: Clinical Wonders in Practice
- Learn the “Matrix Analysis Technique” to balance complications using a minimal number of meridians in your treatment.
- Countless real-life case studies and demonstrations ensure you will have analyzed the most common pain patterns seen in clinical practice.
- Some lucky participants will be invited to palpate Ashi points and insert needles under the teacher’s supervision.
Day 3: Global Balance for Functional Disorders
- Apply the Taiji Dynamic Structure to treat functional diseases and whole-body pain.
- Practice different Four-Meridian Treatment Strategies for whole body issues such as allergic, digestive, cardiac, respiratory or uro-gynecological diseases.
- Convert Western medical diagnoses into correct acupuncture diagnoses for accurate treatments
- Discover Si Yuan Team’s Master’s famous and most effective point combinations.
Day 4: Global Balance in Practice
- Review and combine all the theory and demonstrations from the past three days.
- Utilize a simple and effective wisdom when approaching patients who simultaneously exhibit local and internal disorders.
- End the four-day series feeling no questions were left unanswered!
Practitioners are eligible to take classes in this track when they have completed all four days of the Core Foundations.
However, dedicated students who have already integrated all teachings from the Core Foundations Track into clinical practice may also take offerings from this track.
The Advanced Track consists of a variety of courses to enhance your repertoire of treatments.
- Treating Zang-Fu disorders with Meridian Conversion Therapy (from Yi Jing Ba Gua)
- Balance the Five Elements (from Yi Jing Ba Gua) – Si Yuan’s Master implementation
- Seasonal Balance (from Yi Jing Ba Gua)
- Strategy of Twelve Magical Points Si Yuan’s Master implementation
- Smart Combos: How to integrate various Balance Method Strategies
- Balancing the 8 Extra + Scalp Acupuncture
Optional Clinic Observation : A minimum 3-hour shift is recommended per weekend (total of 9 hours). Note that all shift hours may be applied to the 40 hour Internship required for Upper Level Practitioner Balance Method certification.
For more information about Clinical Observation scheduling and requirements ONLY, please click here to send your specific questions.
The class offered varies in different cities. Please check the website for exact class dates and course titles in your desired city.
Treating Zang-Fu disorders with Meridian Conversion Therapy (from Yi Jing Ba Gua)
- Learn how to translate Zang-Fu and emotional diagnosis into a “Meridian Diagnosis” in order to devise the most effective treatments.
- Discover one of the most famous and effective Ba Gua Methods using only 2 needles to balance a whole meridian.
- Learn to recognize different body/constitutional types and their associated disorders.
- Achieve resolution of more complicated internal disorders such as insomnia, allergies, hormonal and mental conditions.
Balance the Five Elements (from Yi Jing Ba Gua) – Si Yuan’s Master implementation.
- Uncover the true meaning of the “Five Interactions” as a dynamic active force.
- Discover Si Yuan Team’s Master’s invention and most advanced science applying the Five-Elements concept to Yi Jing hexagrams.
- Learn how to combine the power of the Balance Method and the essence of Five-Elements theory to sedate and tonify with a simple combination of points.
- Treat stubborn cases of both stagnation and deficiency. You will be guided through the most common Five Element imbalances seen in daily practice.
Seasonal Balance (from Yi Jing Ba Gua)
- Find out how to use the hexagram of the current season to balance the meridians.
- Learn an advanced system designed to address cyclical and seasonal disorders or any pathology triggered by a sudden event in the patient’s life.
- Expand your treatment options for seasonal disorders such as allergies, joint & muscle pain and depression.
Strategy of Twelve Magical Points – Si Yuan’s Master implementation.
- Discover Si Yuan Team’s Master’s amazing invention to treat difficult cases involving multiple internal and external disorders.
- Learn a logical yet simple technique to deeply balance and harmonize all the 12 meridians over the whole body using only 12 needles. You won’t feel helpless anymore when your patient shows so many symptoms!
- Walk away with the ability to construct quick and effective treatments for chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, diabetes and other frequently seen pathologies.
- A dynamic class that changes every time because different case studies bring out fresh ideas.
Smart Combos: How to integrate various Balance Method Strategies
- This class was created by popular demand for advanced students who want to apply several of aspects of the Balance Method in one treatment.
- Understand HOW, WHEN and WHY to mix treatment strategies in clinical practice.
- Tie everything together as the perfect ending to the four-day intensive. Countless case studies and demos will clarify how to choose the best strategies in real-life scenarios.
Balancing the 8 Extra + Scalp Acupuncture
- Expand your knowledge of the Eight Extras in relation to Balance Method theory.
- Learn how to incorporate the Eight Extras to enhance the effectiveness of your treatments.
- Use Confluent points along with the Yin/Yang Balancing Dynamic for extraordinary results.
- Increase the effectiveness of your treatments by gaining new understanding of the uses of Scalp Acupuncture.
Balance Method Gong Fa 平衡功法
Also known as Qi Cultivation, Gongfa is self-care practice. We know that most illnesses start as mental, emotional, and physical stress that, if not discharged, becomes chronic. This epigenetic process produces diverse symptoms and sicknesses, but their root is imbalance. As a Balance Method practitioner, we always seek equilibrium. Our goal is regeneration rather than degeneration. The classical principles you learned in our Core Foundations Track (CFT), such as yinyang 陰陽, sixiang 四相, bagua 八卦, and yi 易 are not just philosophical abstractions. Besides applying them to acupuncture, you can directly embody them for greater awareness, wellness, relaxation, and efficacy both clinically and personally. Through the cumulative benefits of Gongfa on your mind, heart, and body, your best self emerges to affect your patients by positive example.
- For all practitionners, Gongfa is thus a practical complement with the following main benefits:
- Protects the practitioner from resonating with internal and external pathogenic influences from patients.
- Increases the practitioner’s efficiency, effectiveness, and intuition for diagnosis and treatment.
- Helps practitioners keep balance, avoid exhaustion, and exert stronger positive presence on patients.
For acupuncturists, Gongfa more specifically optimizes results during the needling phase. Like Balance Method Acupuncture, Gongfa also utilizes a three-step process to deliberately apply the practitioner’s intention, emotion, and action towards treatment results. Gongfa can be directly implemented by acupuncturists to upgrade their clinical work as well as prescribed to patients to enhance the stability of their acupuncture treatments.
Balance Method Gongfa is taught in the following formats:
- Balance Method Gongfa Introduction (2 to 4 Hours)
- Balance Method Gongfa Essentials (6 to 8 Hours)
- Balance Method Gongfa Fundamentals (16 Hours)
- Balance Method Gongfa Advanced (Variable)
Each Gongfa class is customized to attendees and may therefore vary. However, the following are selected sample topics:
- Build immunity against physical and psychological stressors
- Coordinate your limbs and torso to improve circulation flow
- Center and extend the power of your mind, heart, and body
- Use breath as a tool to tune the autonomic nervous system
- Develop a sense of your internal organs to keep homeostasis
- Sync your neuro-musculo-skeletal systems for aligned function
- Activate innate intelligence including your instinct and intuition
- Maintain calm while facing difficult patients or busy situations
Balance Method Bazi 平衡八字
Also known as The Three Essentials, Bazi is birth chart analysis. Traditionally, Chinese medicine and acupuncture assert the profound factor of timing on disease. Whereas Fengshui addresses and remedies negative aspects within your space and locale, Bazi determines when you, or your patients, are more susceptible to certain influences in your life progression. These can be related to the status of your body, finances, career, position, education, relationships, spirituality, and more. By laying out and reading the dynamics of your Bazi — literally, “eight characters” based on your year, month, day, time, and city of birth — you can find revealing patterns. For instance, you may identify your core strengths and weakness, your easiest months to start a family, your best periods to get returns on investments, your likelihood of creating meaningful partnerships, your chance of pursuing more education, and your probability towards gain or loss of power.
Bazi is taught in four levels of four days each. More information here.