Si Yuan Balance Method Acupuncture Track
The source of inspiration for Si Yuan Balance Method Acupuncture is the late Grandmaster
Dr. Richard Tehfu Tan. With due respect to him Dr. Tan is mentioned whenever reference is made to his inventions in the history of Chinese Medicine.
Following their Master’s path, Si Yuan Instructors aim at offering the most effective, efficient, and enjoyable teachings in the acupuncture community. Si Yuan classes reflect our Instructors’ own understanding, development, and refinement of what they learned from their Master. While being trained by Dr. Tan to continue his mission, he noted that many practitioners lack the hands-on experience to truly integrate the Balance Method with confidence in their own clinics. For this reason, the Si Yuan Balance Method Acupuncture Track offers these progressive training courses:
Please note: in order to better integrate the new Si Yuan Balance Method ABC Tracks, all acupuncture course titles will be progressively changed, effective as of 2020.
AcuCore (4 Days) [Formerly called Core Foundations Track]
- BMA1: Local Balance, Global Balance
- BMC1: Gong Fa Introduction
AcuWorkshop (4 Days) [Formerly called Special Core Foundations Track]
- BMA2: Case Studies, Needling Practice
- BMC3:Gong Fa Intensive
AcuAdvance (4 Days) [Formerly called Advanced Track]
- BMA3: Meridian Conversion, Seasonal Balance, Dr. Tan Five Elements or Dr. Tan Magical Strategy of Twelve Points
- BMC2:Gong Fa Immersion
AcuSpecial (4 Days) [Formerly called Special Advanced Track]
- BMA4: Smart Picks, Scalp Acupuncture, Eight Extraordinary Meridians
- BMC4: Gong Fa Integration
AcuCore [Core Foundations Track]
The essential groundwork for treating all internal and external diseases. Designed for both beginning and advanced practitioners. Days 1 & 3 introduce new concepts and strategies, while Days 2 & 4 offer more hands-on demonstrations, practical ideas and fun ways to bring life to the Balance Method. All of the days are structured like workshops to put into practice the theory just learned. Practitioners will have the opportunity to needle each other under the guidance of the teacher and assistants. You may even be lucky enough to receive a treatment!
- Day 1: Local Balance : Clinical Wonders with Acupuncture 1,2,3
- Day 2: Local Balance : Clinical Wonders in Practice
- Day 3: Global Balance for Functional Disorders
- Day 4: Global Balance in Practice
Day 1: Clinical Wonders with Acupuncture 1,2,3
- Discover a logical Three-Step Strategy to immediately and effectively treat all localized symptoms such as pain, numbness, stiffness, tingling or burning sensations, etc.
- Understand the classical origin of Dr. Tan’s famous 6 Systems which tie up 2,000 years of Chinese Medicine into a simple balancing pattern. You will be amazed how scattered concepts suddenly make sense!
- Learn the Golden Rules to make acupuncture work consistently.
Day 2: Clinical Wonders in Practice
- Learn the “Matrix Analysis Technique” to balance complications using a minimal number of meridians in your treatment.
- Countless real-life case studies and demonstrations ensure you will have analyzed the most common pain patterns seen in clinical practice.
- Some lucky participants will be invited to palpate Ashi points and insert needles under the teacher’s supervision.
Day 3: Global Balance for Functional Disorders
- Apply the Taiji Dynamic Structure to treat functional diseases and whole-body pain.
- Practice different Four-Meridian Treatment Strategies for whole body issues such as allergic, digestive, cardiac, respiratory or uro-gynecological diseases.
- Convert Western medical diagnoses into correct acupuncture diagnoses for accurate treatments
- Discover Dr. Tan’s famous and most effective point combinations.
Day 4: Global Balance in Practice
- Review and combine all the theory and demonstrations from the past three days.
- Utilize a simple and effective wisdom when approaching patients who simultaneously exhibit local and internal disorders.
- End the four-day series feeling no questions were left unanswered!
Practitioners are eligible to take this course when they have completed all four days of the AcuCore at least twice.
This AcuWorkshop progressive course was created for students who want a more hands-on application of the essential material presented in the AcuCore fundamentals course. It is an interactive class with many demonstrations and encourages clinical case discussions among participants. Practice in small groups under guidance, consultation and supervision. The program and flow of each class is customized to attendees and contents may therefore vary.
- Practice your Acupuncture 1,2,3 logic step-by-step through numerous case studies and interactive treatments.
- Refine your application of the Six Systems, Local Balance, Global Balance, Mirror, and Image principles.
- Learn to customize your needling technique to each patient’s condition.
- Resolve the questions, doubts and blockages you encountered in your clinic.
AcuAdvance [Advanced Track]
Practitioners are eligible to take classes in this track when they have completed all four days of the AcuCore at least twice.
The Advanced Track consists of a variety of classes to enhance your repertoire of treatments.
- Treating Zang-Fu disorders with Meridian Conversion Therapy (from Yi Jing Ba Gua)
- Balance the Five Elements (from Yi Jing Ba Gua) – Dr. Tan’s invention
- Seasonal Balance (from Yi Jing Ba Gua)
- Dr. Tan’s Magical Strategy of 12 Points – Dr. Tan’s invention
- Smart Combos: How to integrate various Balance Method Strategies
- Balancing the 8 Extra + Scalp Acupuncture
The class offered varies in different cities. Please check the website for exact class dates and class titles in your desired city.
Treating Zang-Fu disorders with Meridian Conversion Therapy (from Yi Jing Ba Gua)
- Learn how to translate Zang-Fu and emotional diagnosis into a “Meridian Diagnosis” in order to devise the most effective treatments.
- Discover one of the most famous and effective Ba Gua Methods using only 2 needles to balance a whole meridian.
- Learn to recognize different body/constitutional types and their associated disorders.
- Resolve more complicated internal disorders such as insomnia, allergies, hormonal and mental conditions.
Balance the Five Elements (from Yi Jing Ba Gua) – Dr. Tan’s invention
- Uncover the true meaning of the “Five Interactions” as a dynamic active force.
- Discover Dr. Tan’s invention and most advanced science applying the Five-Elements concept to Yi Jing hexagrams.
- Learn how to combine the power of the Balance Method and the essence of Five-Elements theory to sedate and tonify with a simple combination of points.
- Treat stubborn cases of both stagnation and deficiency. You will be guided through the most common Five Element imbalances seen in daily practice.
Seasonal Balance (from Yi Jing Ba Gua)
- Find out how to use the hexagram of the current season to balance the meridians.
- Learn an advanced system designed to address cyclical and seasonal disorders or any pathology triggered by a sudden event in the patient’s life.
- Expand your treatment options for seasonal disorders such as allergies, joint & muscle pain and depression.
Dr. Tan’s Magical Strategy of 12 Points – Dr. Tan’s invention
- Discover Dr. Tan’s amazing invention to treat difficult cases involving multiple internal and external disorders.
- Learn a logical yet simple technique to deeply balance and harmonize all the 12 meridians over the whole body using only 12 needles. You won’t feel helpless anymore when your patient shows so many symptoms!
- Walk away with the ability to construct quick and effective treatments for chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, diabetes and other frequently seen pathologies.
- A dynamic class that changes every time because different case studies bring out fresh ideas.
Practitioners are eligible to take this course when they have completed all the different classes of the AcuAdvance at least once.
This AcuSpecial progressive course was created for students who want to advance and refine their comprehensive application of the different Balance Method concepts presented in the AcuCore and AcuAdvance courses. It is an interactive class with teaching, clinical case discussions, and demonstrations. Emphasis is given to the step-by-step analysis behind the logic leading to the choice of treatment strategies that would best fit each patient.
The program and flow of each class is customized to attendees and contents may therefore vary.
Smart Combos: How to integrate various Balance Method Strategies
- This class was created by popular demand for advanced students who want to apply several of aspects of the Balance Method in one treatment.
- Understand HOW, WHEN and WHY to mix treatment strategies in clinical practice.
- Tie everything together as the perfect ending to the four-day intensive. Countless case studies and demos will clarify how to choose the best strategies in real-life scenarios.
Balancing the 8 Extra + Scalp Acupuncture
- Expand your knowledge of the Eight Extras in relation to Balance Method theory.
- Learn how to incorporate the Eight Extras to enhance the effectiveness of your treatments.
- Use Confluent points along with the Yin/Yang Balancing Dynamic for extraordinary results.
- Increase the effectiveness of your treatments by gaining new understanding of the uses of Scalp Acupuncture.